New Mask Resmed Airfit F20
Call Verus in January 2017 when I will be eligible for a new mask
Medical studies leading to FDA approval - Links from Rich Ferrick
Drying of vaginal tissues
- PoNS Study: https://tcnl.bme.wisc.edu/projects/recruiting/tbi-ninm-rct
Mirage Quattro Air face mask: http://www.easybreathe.com/Quattro-Air-For-Her-Mask-System-p4092.html
Other pain management modalities
Stanford Pain Management
Including research on back pain http://med.stanford.edu/pain/education.html
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percutaneous_tibial_nerve_stimulation
- Recommended by Joyce across the street: http://www.peninsulaintegrative.com
Andreas Schwerte - San Francisco
Randall Neustaedter OMD Redwood City
- Kaprex $54: https://www.pureformulas.com/kaprex-60-softgel-bottle-by-metagenics.html?CUSTOMTRACKING=CUSTOMTRACKING&CAWELAID=532163658&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=530005240002497359&cadevice=c&gclid=CILsrYzi5MQCFRSEfgodioEA0Q
- Clear Air Perilla Fruit $26: http://www.myhealth-store.com/clearair90tabs.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=clearair90tabs&gclid=CMiWgcji5MQCFRJqfgodrhUAvw
- Theracurmin $56: http://www.thenaturalonline.com/integrative-therapeutics-theracurmin-600-mg-45-veggie-caps.html?gclid=CL_Ine3i5MQCFYqDfgodQoIA8w
- Blood Stasis Soak $15 - 34: https://www.kamwostore.com/Zheng-gu-Tui-Na-Blood-Stasis-Soak-p/zgtn0002.htm
- Test for sleep (hormones) $250 paid to testing company: https://www.neurorelief.com/?p=testing
Summary of First Visit
Here is my report on Randall Neustaedter, OMD in Redwood City. I was quite impressed. If I can afford it, he may make more of a difference than Dr. Matt, at least for me. - Mary
I scheduled a visit with Randall Neusteadter, OMD, Lac, CCD, Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Licensed Acupuncturist and Certified in Classical Homeopathy.
Because several of us have been visiting an OMD in Los Angeles who is stopping his practice, we decided to investigate OMD services in the Bay Area.
My visit is unique, of course, but in telling it you will get an idea of his approach.
I am going to call him Dr. Randall.
After filling out the usual health forms, including health issues, we met.
Dr. Randall is a very personable man, forthcoming in his approaches. First he wanted to know about me so I covered my usual issues: neuropathy and pain in feet, skin issues, chronic coughing. Then he reviewed my current medications. He also reviewed the herbs I had gotten from my OMD. During our session he offered commentary on inflammation, approaches to managing it, and other comments. I could not remember all of them but I felt his approach was holistic and comprehensive. I am going to keep seeing him for a short period at least to see if these approaches make a difference.
In the course of our meeting, which lasted an hour, he came up with the following:
1. I am a generally healthy person. I have superficial issues (coughing, skin, neuropathy) that have some or all attribution to inflammation. He advocates exercise and activity. Do more exercise and one will be less motivated to overeat (I have found this to be true).
2. Schedule acupuncture to address foot pain and cough.
3. Stop taking Lipitor. It has side effects, including pain. Lipitor works by reducing inflammation, which can be handled in other ways.
4. Take CLEAR AIR Perilla Fruit Herbal Supplement by Health Concerns 3 x day for cough. This will be short term.
5. For inflammation, take Kaprex (Selective Kinase Response Modulators for Worry-Free Joint Relief) by Metagenics.
6. Take Theracurmin by Integrative Therapeutics (also inflammation). As we know, Curcumin is good for inflammation.
7. Get a fasting blood test which will provide details on my Vitamin D details, thyroid peroxidase, antithyroglobulin and homocyste(e)tines Plasma: lipid panel, antinuclear antibodies, B12 and folate, C-Reactive protein, Glucose plasma, Hemoglobin A1c, Sed Rate, Westergren, Thyroxine (T4), TSH, 3rd generation
8. At a night when I am having trouble sleeping, collect urine and saliva in the provided kit, refrigerate, then mail. He will get results. Going to sleep requires certain levels of body (I forgot what). This test shows what those levels are. Cost of test: $250.
9. For foot neuropathy and bursitis or plantar fasciatus, prepare a solution of Blood Stasis soak using water and vodka (see me for the fascinating directions!)
Cost of this visit: $500. I will get a breakdown on costs: how much for the session, the herbs, the kits, etc.
I am also going to have an acupuncture session Monday so I will know what that cost is. ($135 session)
Peter Fairfield OMD, LAc Mill Valley
Dr. Barbara Custer Mill Valley
Nancy Rakela Berkeley
OU's Acupuncture and Herb Center 3905 Grand Avenue Oakland, CA 94610 510 420-0463
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Specialization includes pain management, occupational and physical therapy, internal and external traditional medicine, and female - related physical problems.
Questions for Dr. Matt March 31, 2014
- Sit Stand boxes: http://www.fitnessgiant.com/plyoboxessteps.html#.U1qNu14VLdX
- HCG: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/new-hcg-diet?page=2
- Garcinia Cambogia http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/garcinia-cambogia-hca
- Dry eyes
- Itchy back
Restless legs for hours at night. Temperature fluctuations: feeling really, really cold and then immediately feeling unbelievably hot. Then her stomach is very upset. Week of April 27 Susan had at least three bouts of this including two nights of staying up for hours during the night because her legs were so restless.
Cannibus dosing: any advice
- Sleeping a lot
- Chronic pain
- Throwing up
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST): http://www.polst.org
- Advanced Directive Form: https://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/sm/bioethics/documents/pdfs/Advanced.directive.CA.pdf